Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Real Thankful!

Before the big day, when all of the bloggers and facebookers finish up with the Thanks I wanted to throw my thankfuls into the ring.  Of course, my family because honestly, I hear some stories about fights and hurt feelings with these big holiday dinners and that is soo all sorts of sad!  I really enjoy my extended family.  I would like to say I am thankful for my warm bed but that could be that I have spent the last few weeks sleeping on my son's floor for security reasons!  I am thankful in no particular order for my husband, my kids, my mother, my friends, for coffee, for lights, for Disney, for my computer.  But this year, as I wake up to the Thanksgiving day and gather the chilled wine my husband bought for our feast, (do they like the wine or do they not want me to cook?) I will be thankful for all of the wisdom of the past 18 months from fellow Catholics.  I have come to see the Beauty of the Catholic Church.  I have always been Catholic and never a cafeteria one, but my religion was secular and certainly a part of my life but not My Life.  I will be blogging about some of the wonderful changes that have occured, in the future but know today that I have obliged Jesus when he says pick up your cross and follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment