Friday, June 24, 2011

Fridays

This year at Easter I decided that I was going to continue fasting and abstaining on Fridays.  I really felt that something needed to be done to show that I was different than the general population in my love for God.  I also read a little pamphlet on Souls in Purgatory.  No one talks about souls in purgatory or Hell or death anymore.  Our culture has really damaged our souls.  People are trying to be something different than what they are made for.  Women taking the pill, trying to be famous on reality shows, worrying about the environment, trying to be their children's friend are all ways we are being sidetracked from God.  Anywho...I got distracted.  Fridays, I eat 2 small meals and 1 large one without snacks in between, for all the souls in purgatory.  I give up meat for all the babies who have been aborted since 1973.  Is there something the Lord is asking you to consider doing for him?  Can you take up that cross on Fridays?  Remember, all sacrifice given to God yields wonderful fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment